Unlike your regular, boring, plain old chocolate fudge, here’s a colourful version that’s interesting to look at and interesting to eat!
200g semi-sweet chocolate
195g sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
A pinch of salt
1/ tbsp. butter or margarine
A handful of these in total: chopped cashewnuts, smarties or M&Ms, multi-coloured jelly drops cut into small pieces (check halal status please)
- Heat the sweetened condensed milk in a pot.
- Add salt and continue to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add vanilla and butter and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, but leave some to decorate the top of the fudge.
- Line square or rectangular dish.
- Pour the mixture into the dish.
- Decorate with the remaining ingredients.
- Place in the fridge to set. (May take several hours.)
- Once the fudge has set, cut into square.
- Gobble! 😀