250g boneless chicken, shredded (or sliced sausage)
100g bell pepper, chopped finely
1 grated carrot
1 small onion, chopped finely
2 green chilies, chopped
1 tsp. garlic paste
1 tsp. chopped coriander
Salt to taste
½ tsp. cumin powder
A pinch of tandoori masala (optional)
Juice of half a lemon
1 tsp. soya sauce
1 tbsp. butter
Optional ingredients: sweet corn, pineapple.
- Heat the butter, add the onions and stir fry until they’re translucent. Do not brown them.
- Add the chopped capsicum and grated carrot, stir-fry for about 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the raw chicken pieces and keep stirring until they start browning.
- Add the chilies, garlic, salt, cumin powder, tandoori masala and sweet corn.
- Sauté until the chicken pieces become tender and well-done. If the mixture sticks to the pan and the chicken is not yet done, add a tbsp. of water and cover until ready.
- Make sure that the mixture is completely dry. Then add the coriander and soya sauce, mix well and switch off.
- Pour the lemon juice on the mixture, and whilst still hot, use a wooden spoon to smash the small pieces of chicken so that they become shredded.