2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp curry powder
2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp mustard seeds
1 inch stick of cinnamon
Oil as required
Salt to taste
1/2 cup thick coconut milk (optional)
- Wash and slice the cabbage finely. The finer the tastier.
- Mix all spices with cabbage and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it is hot, add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to pop up, add onions and curry leaves. Sauté until onions are tender.
- Add the cabbage and mix well.
- Cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Adjust salt.
- Add thick coconut milk (optional)
For alternative flavour, replace chilli powder with green chillies and add them with the onions.