I used pancakes for this recipe. Was easier to eat as parata tends to be tough. Can make use of leftovers and hide the taste of any vegetable you don’t like to eat. Suitable for any main meal.
1 potato, boiled
1 piece of carrot, boiled
2-3 stems of spinach
1 cooked parata/chapati/pancake
1 onion sliced
1 green chilly sliced
1 tsp chilly powder
1-2 tbspn oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Spicy sambal/chili paste, etc. (optional)
1. Wash and clean spinach with salt water. Keep aside to drain water.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add spinach. Just let the leaves become tender and take off heat.
3. Mash potato and carrot. Mix chilli powder, salt, and pepper with it.
4. Heat the oil in a pan add onion and green chili. (I also added spicy sambal as it was for dinner.)
5. When they are tender, add the mashed potato mix and mix well.
6. Spread a parata/pancake on a plate. Place a few spinach stems on it. Then add few spoons of the filling.
7. Roll the parata with the filling securely inside.
8. Serve as is or cut it into small rolls. Can use ketchup or any sauce for accompaniment.
Original recipe and picture from foodcnr.com.